Recipe Courtesy of: Southern Living
· 24 uncooked jumbo pasta shells
· 1 pound chopped smoked pork
· 1 1/4 cups ricotta cheese (about 10 oz.)
· 3/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
· 1 tablespoon minced garlic
· 1 teaspoon kosher salt
· 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
· 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
· 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (about 8 oz.), divided
· 1/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, divided
· 1 (24-oz.) jar marinara sauce
· 3/4 cup bottled barbecue sauce
Cook pasta in heavily salted boiling water until al dente, about 9 minutes. Drain, and transfer to a baking sheet. Cool 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, stir together next 7 ingredients, 1 cup of the mozzarella, and 1/4 cup of the parsley in a large bowl. Stir together marinara and barbecue sauce in a bowl. Spread 1 3/4 cups of the marinara mixture in bottom of a 9- x 13-inch baking dish.
Fill each cooled shell with 2 heaping tablespoons pork mixture and arrange in prepared baking dish. Pour remaining 2 cups marinara mixture over shells. To cook now: Preheat oven to 375°F. Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup mozzarella. Cover with aluminum foil. Bake until heated through, 20 to 25 minutes. Uncover; bake until bubbly, about 20 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons parsley. To freeze for later: Wrap tightly in 2 layers of plastic wrap. Freeze up to 3 months. To thaw and cook: Thaw in refrigerator 24 hours. Preheat oven to 375°F; place unwrapped dish on counter while oven preheats. Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup mozzarella. Cover with aluminum foil. Bake until heated through, 40 to 45 minutes. Uncover, and bake until bubbly, about 20 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons parsley.